How to Plan a Waste-Free Event
- Choose reusable plates, utensils, cups and packaging whenever possible.
- If it is not possible to use reusable items, choose recyclable or compostable containers or minimally packaged goods instead.
- Confirm what can and cannot be recycled or composted and communicate it with everybody involved in the event, including vendors and attendees.
- Create “sorting stations” with one recycling bin, one compost container and one trash can at each. This makes it easy for guests to sort their materials properly.
- Make sure the recycling and composting options are promoted and clearly marked during the event to encourage proper use of all the containers.
- Plan ahead, and if needed, hire pick up services for proper collection and disposal of waste, recycling and food waste.
For a printable Food Waste poster, click the link below:
For a printable Trash Poster – click the link below: