Each month, we’ll cover a new waste and recycling topic and provide tips and tricks to better manage your waste!
We are back and our first topic of 2022 is Landfill Banned Items!
There are many items that are banned from disposal in the State of Vermont. What does this mean? Both businesses and residents cannot throw these items into their regular garbage, they must be reused or recycled in some way.
Landfill Banned Items:
- Paints, stains, varnish and thinner
- Waste oil and filters
- Recyclables (plastics #1 & 2, glass bottles and jars, aluminum and steel cans and foil, cardboard, mixed paper, newspaper)
- Mercury-containing products (CFLs, thermostats, lamps, thermometers etc.)
- Food Scraps
- Clean wood, yard debris, branches, grass clippings
- Lead-acid and rechargeable batteries
- Appliances (also known as White Goods)
- Hazardous Wastes
Visit the A-Z Guide to find out how to manage these items in your area!